This is originally one of Auntie’s recipes, but Mom and I make it so often, people credit us for it now.
Auntie's Jalapeño Cheese
Recipe type: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Chopped jalapeños peppers (fresh or from can/jar)
- 1 lb. shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 to 10 eggs
- Spray a square glass pan (i.e. 2 quart Pyrex dish) with Pam (or thin layer of butter).
- Spread the chopped jalapeños evenly to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add shredded cheese evenly.
- Beat eggs until frothly and pour over cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 30 – 40 minutes until golden brown. Longer if it's not solid (Make sure the cheese doesn’t make waves when you move the pan).
- Let cool and cut into squares.