I got this buffalo wings recipe from a friend and they were great! I don’t make these near often enough though.
Buffalo Wings & Sauce
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 20 chicken wing segments
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup hot sauce
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and peppers.
- Coat chicken entirely in the flour mixture; refrigerate coated wings for 1 hour; coat chicken again with remaining flour mixture.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat butter and hot sauce just until butter melts; turn heat to low and keep warm on stove top.
- Deep-fry chicken, 8 – 10 pieces at a time, in 375 degree oil for 13 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Drain chicken on paper towels for 30 seconds, then immediately toss fried chicken in buffalo sauce mixture and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
Adjusting the spiciness of the sauce: As is, the recipe produces a medium sauce. To change the amount of spiciness, simply adjust the butter-to-hot sauce ratio: Mild: Use ¾ cup butter and ¼ cup hot sauce Hot: Use ¼ cup butter and ¾ cup hot sauce