So this is Mom’s basic chili recipe. It’s good as is, used as enchilada sauce, or poured over frito chips with shredded cheese. It’s such a versatile food!
Recipe type: Main
- 2 – 3 lbs. Ground beef
- 2 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2 – 3 tsp chili seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Lemon pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- Cook the meat in a large pot, adding pepper, garlic salt, lemon pepper, and Worcestershire sauce to taste.
- When the meat is done, then add the 2 cans of tomato sauce.
- Add water (4 cans full) or until the pot is ¾ full.
- Add about 2-3 tsp of chili seasoning.
- Cook on medium-high until it starts to boil, then turn down to medium until ready to eat. Stir occasionally.