This is a staple of our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
Betty’s German Potato Salad
- 5 lb. potatoes, boiled & skinned
- 1 to 2 lbs. frozen bacon, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ to ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 drops Tabasco (optional)
- When potatoes have been peeled, cut into cubes.
- Fry bacon until almost done; pour off ½ the grease.
- Add onions and sauté.
- Add vinegar with a big drop of water.
- Add Tabasco sauce.
- Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour into a big pot with potatoes and fold well.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
Serve hot. Can be refrigerated and reheated.