Personally, Auntie’s sugar cookies are great, but I prefer her chocolate peanut butter-chip cookies.
Auntie's Chocolate Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cup (12 oz.) peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Gradually blend flour mixture into creamed mixture.
- Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Drop by tsp. onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 – 9 minutes.
- Cool slightly – remove to wire rack.
Makes about 4½ dozen cookies.